Millet with vegetables
- 3 cups of organic millet, washed carefully
- 6 cups of water
- 1 big yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 head of white celery, finely chopped
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup of pickled capers, rinsed thoroughly
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon of sesame seeds (optional)
1) Cut the vegetables in small cubes and sauté them lightly in olive oil or poach them in some stock or water in a large pan: you can use a mix of your favorite vegetables. I suggest mixing sweet tasting ones (carrots, celery, yellow peppers) with sour/intense tasting ones (capers and/or olives).
2) After lightly cooking all the vegetables in the pan for about five minutes, add one cup of millet and two cups of water for each serving. Pit the lid on the pan and lower the heat to a summer. After half an hour the water will have “dried” up. Add salt and olive oil (sunseed oil or sesame oil issuitable too).
3) You can add a nutty taste and a delicate crunch by sprinkling some toasted sesame seeds over the finished millet.